Thursday 16 April 2009

Upping sticks

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to anyone who has or is in the throws of moving house 'Upping sticks'. We have just accomplished said task with out too much pain and were still sleeping in the same bedroom ' Eegh bah gum' .
However we have found things we thought were long gone and lost things we need right now. The financial cost is unbelievable and the dog wants to go back home, each time I take him out he pulls in the opposite direction to our lovely new bungalow. I feel very sorry for him poor thing we've only had him two weeks and he's moved home twice! I know. Why didn't we wait until we'd moved before getting him? Well there in lies a tale.
I had a lovely border terrier bitch a few years back called 'Bonnie', I loved that dog but due to circumstance I had to find her a new home. It fair broke my heart as I've always had dogs around me and needless to say I've winged and moaned about letting her go ever since. Well it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and my partner Shirley asked if she could borrow my new van to go shopping as hers was in for repair.
I readily agreed and off she went. Some hours later she returned and came into the house very sheepishly saying could I take a look at my van as she had scratched it all down the passenger side. WHAT! I shouted. ' Its the first time you've driven the bloody thing', running outside - steam billowing from my ears. I took a look at the passenger side - Not a mark or a blemish. " Oh maybe it was at the front" said Shirley!
As I looked at the front of the van I noticed something inside, my throat blocked with the biggest bulge and I couldn't see properly for the tears welling up in my eyes. "Happy birthday darling" she said, "His names 'Sparky' a border terrier of 18 months". Well they say a man ain't supposed to cry - poppy cock - the flood gates opened and I now have a new best friend.
And all this from a woman who isn't particularly keen on dogs. Hows that for love. Eh? Eegh Ba Gum lad.

1 comment: