Sunday 8 March 2009

Brrrrh put another log ont fire


As I write - it's snowing like hell in Hornsea and I'm watching all the 'Cumfor's' scurrying too and fro in their summer frocks to escape the cold. (Cumfor's are what we in Hornsea call the tourists because they alway's CUMFOR day)

Friends were telling me a month ago to shed my thermals and go native (Not a chance) I'll wait until May.



Never shed a clout till May is out is a true old saying




That said. I don't feel as if this winter (2009) has been too bad -OK we've had a bit of snow and ice but I think in general the East coast has got away with it lightly. Indeed as I look out of the window the snow has already turned to slush. I think it's nature rattling it's last sabre to remind us we are never as much in charge as we think!


'So onto the Spring - the birds that sing


The sweet gentle smell of the flowers


The warm summer sun


The bees that hum


And the noise of the gardeners mower



The Autumnal colours of yellow and brown


The leaves in the garden all blown down


Around once again to whence we started


The snow on the ground and the 'Cumfor's' departed


Written by - B Chessman March 2009


Have a good time where ever you are Speak soon


1 comment:

  1. Hessle is suffering the same typically late winter weather Barry: Rain, hail, snow, wind, sun, thunder & lightening. Other than that - it's fine!!

    ReplyDelete