Thursday 26 February 2009

'Upping sticks'

Well were moving house again (Upping sticks) as we say in Yorkshire. This must be the 8th time we've moved in 15 years, so you would think we'd be used to it by now! But no. The uncertainty is still with us - the 'I can't wait to get packing' - the 'what can we get rid of to make it easier?' - How much is it gonna cost?etc. etc.
I think I'm from Gypsy stock as I still get a buzz out of it - the moving I mean! LOL. Not many can boast moving 1 mile at a time though? Yes 1 mile at a time. Our last house is on the sea front 1 mile away - our next house is 1 mile further inland and YES we' crackers!
I'm off now to collect cardboard boxes - so toodle pip!

1 comment:

  1. Angus called in to see his Glaswegian friend Donald to find he was stripping the wallpaper from the walls. Rather obviously, he remarked "You're decorating, I see." to which Donald replied "Nae lad, I'm moving house."

    ReplyDelete